Seven Steps to College Financial Aid
FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid
1. Start your FAFSA application: www.fafsa.gov. *Check your colleges’ deadlines!
3. Have your parents get their 2011 taxes done asap! You may submit your FAFSA before their taxes are done. But, you will need to correct it before you receive your financial aid packages.
4. Attend Senior Financial Aid Night on February 8th at 6:30pm in SHHS Library (Spanish) or Vintage Hall Board Room (English).
5. Check College Board to see if you need to complete a CSS Profile: https://profileonline.collegeboard.com
6. Submit your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov no later than March 2nd.
7. Review your financial aid packages (Student Aid Report (SAR)) with Mrs. Meineke or a teacher to see which ones are best.